Guidelines for Your Visit
- All tours begin with an informative orientation video. Tours are guided by costumed interpreters. Large groups are always split into smaller groups of 25 people or less.
- The furnishings of Tryon Palace and the other historic sites are several hundred years old and must be treated with great care. We ask that they not be touched by students or adults.
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed in the exhibition buildings. Gum should be removed before entering the Visitor Center area.
- Please turn off your cell phone ring tone during guided tours.
- Only pencils may be used for note taking during programs.
- Visitors may take photos of the gardens and building exteriors; however, photography is not allowed in the exhibition buildings.
- It is recommended that visitors wear soft-soled shoes and comfortable clothes appropriate for weather conditions.
- If for any reason your tour has to be cancelled, please notify us as soon as possible. We may have hired additional personnel and need to adjust our schedule.
- For school groups participating in the special Civil War programming activities, the majority of your activities will be on the green at the New Bern Academy Museum (see insert on site map for location). Please follow your reservation instructions for check-in and directions for your Civil War-themed visit.
Supplemental Lesson Plans
Return to top of page
Return to the Tryon Palace home page