Guidelines for Your Visit
- Please call the site for a complete Teacher's Packet.
- When planning your visit, please limit your selection to one activity and the guided tour. Allow two hours for the entire visit.
- Every group is required to send in a reservation deposit of $1 per student before visiting the site. This deposit will be refunded in full upon the group's arrival. If the group does not arrive as scheduled, the deposit will not be refunded. Exceptions are cancellations due to severe weather (hurricane, tornado or extreme snowfall) or cancellations initiated by the Stagville staff.
- Maximum group size is 75 students.
- Please arrange to have one chaperon for every ten students.
- There should be no consumption of food, chewing gum or drink in the Visitors Center or in any of the historic buildings.
- Discipline of the group is the responsibility of the teacher(s) and chaperones.
- If your group is going to be more than 10-15 minutes late, please call the site. Your scheduled time is reserved for your class. Depending on whether there are other classes scheduled that day, your program may be scaled back in order to fit your time slot. We will not disrupt another class's scheduled time for late arrivals.
- Parts of the program will be outside. Have your students dress appropriately for the weather. Comfortable shoes are a must.
- March, April and May are the months that most school group visits occur. Schedule early if you care to visit during this time. For a more relaxed and enjoyable visit, you may wish to schedule your field trip in the fall when it is not so busy.
- Every effort will be made to satisfy your requests. However, staff reserves the right to alter planned programming due to inclement weather or unanticipated staff shortages.
Supplemental Lesson Plans
Return to top of page
Return to the Historic Stagville home page