Guidelines for Your Visit
- There should be no consumption of food or drink in the CSS Neuse Civil War Interpretive Center.
- Discipline of the group is the responsibility of the teacher(s) and chaperones. We recommend at least one adult chaperone for every 5-10 students.
- If your group is going to be more than 10-15 minutes late, please call the site. Your scheduled time is reserved for your class. Depending on whether there are other classes scheduled that day, your program may be scaled back in order to fit your time slot. We will not disrupt another class's scheduled time for late arrivals.
- Late April through May is the busiest season for school groups. You may wish to consider a trip in the fall or early spring for a more relaxed visit.
- The gift shop area is small. Therefore we recommend only 5-6 students shop at one time. The rest of the group can be viewing the Caswell exhibits or rotating through the rest room area.
Supplemental Lesson Plans
Return to top of page
Return to the CSS Neuse home page