Guidelines for Your Visit
- Reservations are made on a "first come, first served" basis (i.e. it is best to make your reservation early, especially for Fridays in April, May, and June).
- Groups with reservations take priority over drop-in groups.
- Due to limited space, only 5 students are allowed in the gift shop at one time and they must have chaperone supervision.
- We request that classes provide at least 1 chaperone per every 10 students.
- Chaperones and teachers should remain with the group they are accompanying, including in the gift shop, restrooms, during activities, and on the tour trail.
- Please advise students to use a "museum voice" inside our Visitor Center.
- We do not have beach access at Fort Fisher State Historic Site. To go to the beach, please visit Fort Fisher State Recreation Area (910-458-5798), .25 miles to the south.
- We do not have picnic facilities.
- Beware of fire ants on the property.
- For your students' safety, remember there is NO climbing on the historic earthworks or cannons, NO climbing on the rocks and NO swimming allowed.
Supplemental Lesson Plans
Return to top of page
Return to the Fort Fisher home page