- Visitors Center: features an orientation program “Dawn of Peace” (maximum seating for 50 people), exhibits on the Bennett family, the Civil War home front and the story of the surrender.
- Historic structures: the reconstructed farmhouse with original chimney; separate kitchen building and smokehouse.
- Gift-shop: located in the Visitor Center lobby featuring items related to the Civil War.
- The Visitors Center and restrooms are handicapped accessible. The historic structures have steps and are partially accessible with assistance.
- Open-air picnic area (9 tables)
- Soda and water vending machine
- On-site bus parking
- Restaurants located within 2 miles of site
Supplemental Lesson Plan
Return to top of page
Return to the Bennett Place home page